Sunday 24 November 2013

Rocky Road birthday cake!

Hello lovely people!

This weekend was my boyfriend's birthday and as he loves rocky road I decided to make a rocky road inspired birthday cake. I thought it would be nice to share the recipe as it is really simple to make and doesn't need any baking time.

You will need:
350g digestive biscuits
125g chocolate (whatever variety you prefer, I used dairy milk chocolate)
225g unsalted butter
25g caster sugar
55g mini marshmallows
100g white chocolate chips
 Half a pack of rolo's (you can add as much or as little as you want)





First of all you need to add together the butter,sugar and chocolate in a large pan. Then melt over a low heat till all the butter has melted.


Crush the digestive biscuits into little pieces. I used a potato masher as it was the only thing I had around but a rolling pin would do the same job.


Add the biscuits to the pan and stir till they are all covered. Then add the chocolate chips, marshmallows and rolo's and mix again.




Then grease a sandwich tin with a little butter and add the mixture. Take as spoon and smooth over the top of the mixture. 


Then place in the fridge for 3-4 hours just to make sure everything is set. And that is it. Obviously you can leave it that way but as it was for a birthday I decorated it with some white icing and the rest of the rolo's.


The thing I love about this is that you can change pretty much anything you want to depending on who you are making it for. I have made white chocolate one and added jelly tots and jelly beans for more of a kid friendly cake. I also love adding raisins to milk chocolate as well.


I hope you have enjoyed this and maybe found a new receipe to cook. Let me know in the comments if you have made this before and what you like to add to your rocky road.

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment