Friday 6 September 2013

Surviving your first night at uni!

Hello lovely people!

So here is a slightly different blog. I was looking back through all the pictures I took when I moved into my uni halls ready for first year. I had no idea what I needed to take and no idea what I would need for my first night/week of uni. It seems hard to believe that my sisters are now off to uni and I am beginning my third and final year of uni. Now I know how stressful moving day and how emotional your first night away from home can be so I thought I would just share a few tips I learnt on how to get through my first night at uni.

So some essentials you are going to need:
- Wet wipes/ baby wipes: They are handy for absolutely everything and a must have essential.
- Dry shampoo: Lets face it moving in is going to be sweaty and quite often after meeting all your housemates
and settling in you just don't have time to wash your hair before you go out at night. So dry shampoo is the answer.
- Body Spray: To make you smell extra fresh and fruity when you go out on your first night.
- Fake Tan/ Gradual Tanner: I am not a massive fake tanner but I will pack on the gradual tanner before I go out at night because lets face it no one wants to see ghost white legs.
- Dressing Gown: To stop the awkward covering up when you meet your housemates in the kitchen the morning after.
-Slippers/flipflops: Because lets face it after a night of pre drinking the kitchen is the last place you want to step barefoot.
-Mirror: In my experience the mirrors are always placed in the worst lighting areas possible, so bringing your own mirror is the way forward.
- Bottle opener: However I have become pro at opening bottles with a flat head screwdriver!

Now I have talked a lot about going out and in my opinion going out on the first night is the best thing you can do even if you don't like clubbing. Lets face it everyone is going to be in the same position as you, they are all going to be new. The first night out for me was a real bonding session with the people in my flat and it was the best time ever.

Now everyone is going to have a difference experience, but when it comes to the first night or the first week, we are all in the same boat. I went through a couple of days where I was really homesick but then I stuck at it and I love uni.

I hope this helps some of you who are going to uni and I wish all of you that are the best of luck!

Let me know what you think! If you have been to uni, what are your tips?
Love Grace x

No comments:

Post a Comment