Friday 30 August 2013

August Favourites :)

Hello lovely people, it is that time again.... monthly favourite time! I swear I say it every month but how fast is this year going?!!! It's crazy, but anyway here are the things I have been loving this month.

Now the first thing I am going to mention is actually something that has been in my favourites before and that is the Maybelline dream pure BB cream. Now the reason i am mentioning it again is the fact that I have used it everyday for the month of August so although I mentioned it last month it had to have another mention this month. If you want to read my previous review of it then click here.

The second thing I have been loving is Maybelline baby lips. I did a review on them here, but basically these have been great for the summer. I got them in hydrate, intensive care and peach kiss. I love using them underneath lipstick and they all have SPF 20 in which has been great for this month as it has been really sunny.

The next thing I have been loving is Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in shade 353 (cappuccino). This lipstick gives a really good finish, it sort of gives a pearly finish (if that even makes sense). It isn't particularly matte but it doesn't have a really big shine. I have used it for both day and evening looks and it works equally well.

Lastly in terms of makeup I have also been loving Sleek blush in Rose Gold (926). I am a sucker for a Sleek blush, they are so pigmented and give such a lovely finish to the skin. I definitely love this colour as it is such a lovely summery shade and many people have said it's a dupe for Nars Orgasm.
Top is Revlon Lipstick (cappuccino) and bottom is Sleek Blush (Rose Gold)
In terms of haircare I have been loving Herbal Essences volumising shampoo for fine/normal hair. I have never been a fan of herbal essences but this shampoo has changed my mind. As I have fine hair anyway anything to give me extra volume in my hair is going to be good and plus this stuff smells amazing. I have recently purchased the conditioner to go with the shampoo so hopefully it will give me added volume to my hair.

In terms of non beauty products I have been loving these two yankee candles. The first is summer scoop which smells just like raspberry ice cream and the second is waikiki melon which smells amazing. I definitely love sweeter smelling candles and these just smell amazing.

lastly is my new academic diary which I have been able to start using in August. I like using academic diaries rather then year ones just because while I'm at uni all my busy periods are between September and May so an academic diary covers me for that period as it runs from August to July 31st. Also being a trainee teacher I'm used to planning using these kinds of diaries. This diary is actually from the Works and it is a lovely hardback diary which a page for each day.

So that is all my favourites for the month of August. I'm really looking forward to what September will bring and I will be moving back to uni towards the end of it for my final year!

I hope you have enjoyed this and let me know what your favourites from the past month have been.

Love Grace x

2 comments:

  1. Where do you buy the Yankee Candles?
    In Belgium we don't have them, but in February I'm going to New York.
    Do you know if there is a store where I can buy them?
    x Birgit
    www.beyondjeansandt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to New York so i can't really help you on that. I live in England and i know that you can order them off the UK website and they can be delivered to Belgium. I hope this helps. I am doing a question and answer next week so if you have a question you would like to ask please post it on the comments section of my post 'let's talk about lips', the questions can be anything you like :) x

      Delete